Soma Grand Randonneur Custom 55cm
$ 2,699.99 was $ 2,999.99
Contact us at the link below for current availability.
The Grand Randonneur is a svelte road frame optimized to carry a front load. We have equipped it with rear rack mounts, but it feels best with a loaded front mini rack or a handlebar bag.
Version 3 of the "Grando" makes quite a few updates:
The geometry is still low trail in the front, but we have tried to make the handling slightly more stable than versions 1 and 2.
We have tweaked the tubing mix to add stiffness at the bottom bracket while keeping this frame still our lightest model.
We have modernized parts of it: Adding IS disc mounts and thru-axle hubs compatibility. And of course, everyone wants just slightly more tire clearance.
With its skinny steel tubes and 1" threaded lugged crown fork it still has the vintage road bike look.
- Tange Prestige CrMo tubes, double-butted
- Threaded 1" lugged crown fork is equipped with low rider pannier bosses, mini rack eyelets and double eyelets at the dropouts. Thru-axle hub compatible. IS disc mounts
- Designed for 650b wheels
- Max. tire fit: 650 x 47mm semi-knob tire
- (Max. fender width: 50mm)
- Tange Modular rear dropouts: Stock set up is for 142mm x 12mm thru-axle with IS disc mounts. Alternative styles available thru Tange/Long Shen.
- Rear rack and fender eyelets
- Pump peg at headtube
- 3 sets of water bosses
- Sram Rival mechanical brake levers and shifters.
- Sram Rival Front and rear derailleur.
- White Industries G30 172.5 with Easton BB and 46/30 chainrings.
- Tubeless-ready 650b wheelset.
- Sim WOrks "Gettin' Hungry" stem.
- Sim Works Volummy 650x42 tires.
- Supacaz Bar tape.