All-City Gorilla Monsoon 58cm 27.5 Custom Build
Contact us at the link below for current availability.
Taking our love of riding drop bar bikes off-road to its logical conclusion, we present you with the Gorilla Monsoon...
A sweet beast whose only limits are your imagination and willpower.
We’ve taken the capabilities of our famed cross bikes and built a Monster. Our most densely featured bike ever, fully hitting everything on our checklist for a steed that can take us far into the unknown in comfort, style, and elegance.
Want to do mixed pavement and single track rides? Put in long days off-road? Do some fire road touring? Camping? Ride across the continent? No problem.
Peep the features: Front and rear thru-axles, front and rear rack and fender mounts, compatibility with Surly-8 and 24-Pack racks, stealth dropper post routing, 27.5 x 2.4” tire clearance (650b x 48 with fenders), signature All-City dropouts, E.D. coating for rust prevention, and three water bottle mounts.
The Gorilla is made from our excellent 612 Select tubing and features a lovely bi-plane crown steel fork. We believe that nothing soaks up bumps or is as durable as a high-quality steel fork, for on and off-road touring duties, it is the jam.
Some of you will want to throw 650b x 47c’s in it, that’s cool. The resulting slightly lower BB gives the bike excellent manners when riding with a load and is fully endorsed by us. If you want to run a 700c tire the max is a 42mm tire which will raise your BB by 8mm. 700c x 38 keeps the BB about the same.
- Frame: 612 Select CroMoly steel. Double butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays replaceable derailleur hanger.
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly tapered fork blades, Mountain lugged crown and 15mm thru-axle dropouts, straight steer tube, IS Disc Brake Tabs.
- Headset: Origin 8
- Stem: Dimension Alloy
- Handlebar: Jones H-Bar 710mm, Aluminium
- Grips: Jones H-bar grips
- Groupset: Sram NX 1x12
- Brakeset: Shimano Hydro Disc
- Seatpost: 9point8 Falline 75mm Dropper
- Saddle: WTB Rocket
- Wheelset: WTB tubeless ready rims w Shimano SLX hubs
- Tires: Teravail 27.5x 2.4