FBM Rancoteur Custom Build Men's Large
This product is currently sold out.
The Raconteur’s design combines the aesthetic of vintage English road bikes—the simple lines, small diameter tubing, a single color frame contrasting with polished metal components, a metal head badge, and a leather saddle—with modern materials and manufacturing techniques.
The foundation of the Raconteur bicycles is the tig welded frame and fork handcrafted in the FBM Machine shop in Central New York. The frame and fork tubing is 100% 4130 chromoly, selected for the right balance of strength, durability and weight. The fork is a welded segmented design with curved legs for a comfortable ride.
Highlights of this build are the Shimano NEXUS 3 speed rear hub and Alfine dynamo front hub. The front hub powers the included B&M EYC T Senso light. Panaracer 650bx38 tires make for a smooth ride and the dual pivot Tektro brakes give strong and predictable stopping power.
This build is also available in a step-thru frame and other sizes. Contact us for more details.
- Handcrafted in Central New York at the FBM Machine Shop.
- Tig welded construction
- 4130 chromoly tubeset
- 1 piece CNC machined steerer tube
- Uses a 1-1/8″ threadless headset
- Uses a 27.2 seat post
- Cast rear dropouts
- Laser cut 4130 chromoly fork dropouts
- Front and rear fender mounts
- Rear rack mounts
- Down tube water bottle mounts on the men’s frame
- Seat tube water bottle mounts on the women’s frame
3 Speed Components
- Grips: Sram
- Handlebars: O8 Urban
- Stem: Alloy
- Headset: O8 sealed bearing 1-1/8″ Threadless
- Seat Post: Alloy 27.2
- Seat Clamp: Alloy
- Seat: WTB
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN26
- Crankset/Chainring: Sunlite 42 tooth w/pants guard
- Pedals: Odyssey
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Front Hub: Shimano Alfine Dynamo
- Rear Hub: Shimano Nexus 3 speed
- Rims: Weinmann 650b built in house
- Spokes and Nipples: Sapim
- Tires: Panaracer Col de la Vie 650B x 38
- Light: Bausch & Muller EYC T Senso Plus
- Brakes: Tektro long reach dual pivot