All-City Big Block Custom Build 55cm
Contact us at the link below for current availability.
The Big Block represents our (All-City's) vision of the ideal track frame for the modern fixed-gear rider. This is the track bike that we’ve always dreamed of owning and we are proud to make that dream available to you.
It was designed first and foremost as a true competition-ready track frame but was destined to see usage beyond the velodrome, so we made some tweaks to the equation. Instead of the track bike norm 25c max tire clearance, it fits a 32c cross tire and has a single set of water bottle mounts for all day in the saddle. The front and rear of the bike are drilled out for a brake, so single speeding (or double brake fixed) is no problem. Our proprietary 612 Select double-butted cro-moly steel soaks up bumps and sprints like a champ. Each piece of tubing on every frame size has been carefully scrutinized and specifically chosen to create the best ride possible. This includes butting placement, tubing diameter, and wall thickness. The package is finished off with a custom headtube badge, brazed-on seat collar, custom bottom bracket, and signature Hennepin Bridge dropouts. We add an E.D. coating for rust prevention before applying a classic wet paint finish. Attention to detail is our mantra and it shows in every aspect of this meticulously-designed, beautifully-constructed track racer.
- Frame; 612 Select CroMoly steel. Double-butted down, top, and seat tubes. Externally tapered, ovalized, and dimpled chain stays, tapered seat stays
- Fork; 4130 CroMoly tapered fork blades, lugged crown and matching dropout. Straight steer tube.
- Drive train; Sugino RD / 46-1/8th tooth Sugino Chainring X Origin 8 17-1/8th tooth rear cog and a 1/8th Salt Plus Warlock oil slick half-link chain.
- Wheelset; H Plus Son TB14 32 hole rims laced with titanium oil slick spokes to All-City Sheriff SL 32 hole Fixed/ free/ hubs.
- Cock-pit; Ritchey Comp 740mm riser bars, Ritchey Trail 100mm stem, and a 27.2 Ritchey Comp Seatpost.