Cyclists are not actually hard to shop for... wait scratch that. Let me start over.
Cyclists are incredibly hard to shop for. I should know. I ride and I am in fact incredibly hard to shop for.
Riders or all tribes are often quite particular about their choice of gear. From a preferred brand of shorts to a certain type of chain lube, it seems everyone not only has their favorites, but usually has most of what they think they need already.
To make everyone's life easier I have spent some time carefully researching and considering all the options to bring you a simple list of affordable stocking stuffers for that two wheeling friend.
1. Giro merino wool socks. $20 The total no-brainer. If you ride you probably wear socks. If you ride in the fall or winter nothing will keep your feet warmer than a nice pair of merino wool socks. For $20 give your friend some seriously happy feet.
2. Outpost Bottles. If your friend is anything like me (or any other human for that matter) they probably drink water, possibly while on their bike. Like me, they probably forget to wash their bottles out or just manage to lose them from time to time. Our bottles are BPA free, durable, and good looking. Eight bucks. Stay hydrated my friend.
3. Handup Gloves. More of a spring and summer weight glove, but as we know, Richmond weather will throw us a curve ball on the regular. It's shaping up to be in the 70s on xmas day this year so expect these to see use right off the bat. Light, comfortable, and with a grippy palm these do the trick. Oh, and did I mention they come in some crazy colors? $26 and you're the hero.
4. Origin8 rechargeable tail light. The winter solstice is upon us and the days are no longer getting shorter, but it's still going to be a while before those 8pm sunsets come back. In the mean time help your friend stay safe with this super bright tail light. USB rechargeable so they won't be buying and throwing out batteries. Easy to mount to any bike. $40 for a little added safety and piece of mind.
5. Ibex merino wool base layer. Ok, so at $70-80 this may not be true stocking stuffer material but if your friend is worth it, so is this gift. Nothing regulates temperature and wicks moisture better than wool. Forget the under armour, merino is the real deal. Plus it has the magical ability to keep from getting stinky for a strangely long amount of time. Change their cold weather riding experience, win xmas.
6. Coffee. It's coffee. Need I say more?
There you have it. 6 simple gifts. In stock. You still have time.