I’m not going to lie, some of us at Outpost just live for big dumb rides and doing sketchy stuff along the way.
But we get it, it’s not for everyone. We’ve been putting on 200-kilometer rides, cutting through tree farms, and hike-a-biking through fields since Outpost opened, and all this time people have asked for a ride that isn’t 130 miles or doesn’t involve sketchy stuff.
Well, here it is. All open and public roads, all before rifle season, and just 60 miles.
But despite these concessions, we’ve packed in almost 30 miles of mellow gravel and even a really sweet rail trail. True to our methods, while the route is finished (and pre-ridden by our crack team of route researchers) it will remain TOP-SECRET for now.
What I can tell you is this:
- The ride starts and ends in Lawrenceville, VA.
- Park here: 202 Court St, Lawrenceville, VA 23868 (county owned and approved)
- Offical ride start locataion 402 New St, Lawrenceville, VA 23868
- The ride is on November 6th and meets at 9 AM.
- There is a pizza place in town if you’re hungry after the ride.
- The best bike setup is a road or gravel bike with 28-38mm tires but bigger tires will work fine too.
The roughly 13 miles of dirt roads do have occasional loose gravel. The rail-trail is 4 miles of pavement and 13 miles of compacted gravel and some leaf litter. Most of the pavement is standard backroads chip and seal.
There are some store stops later in the ride but expect to carry enough water for the first 40 miles. As always, the ride is self-guided, self-supported, and 100% free of charge Download the map file. Show up at 9 am on November 6th and go for a ride.
The link to the GPX file can be found HERE for RidewithGPS users or direct GPX download HERE.